Saturday, October 10, 2009

The New Peaches Performs to Support Victims of Domestic Violence




Hello fans. As a music artist, I love to entertain. But equally as important, I want to make you aware of the cancerous, domestic violence. Lately, there has been a 73% rise in domestic violence due to the rampant unemployment.

To help curb this problem, in August 2009, I joined my good friend, Dr. Andrea Pennington in launching the I LOVE YOU, ME! Women's Empowerment Conference in D.C. In the 3-day conference, Dr. Pennington, who has appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show, CNN, Fox News, and the Today Show and whose mission is to encourage people to manifest their fullest potential as they realize their total essence of loving themselves as a whole, supported 15 homeless women who were affected by domestic violence to go through a total health and wellness make over.

The women were donated clothes and were given a total beauty and fashion makeover, plus Dr. Pennington gave psychological counseling. Debt Free League also donated a $5,000 certificate toward enrollment in their debt settlement service. And I, The New Peaches, was the musical guest performer.

I collaborated with Dr. Pennington in writing the I LOVE YOU, ME! anthem and was so thrilled to sing to these women this powerful and inspirational song. I hope I was able to help boost their self-esteem. I also encourage other music artists to help out in such worthy causes.

Love,

Meritxell (The New Peaches)

Peaches and Herb
"Peaches" Bio - Imagen Records
Meritxell Music
The Meritxell Project - Myspace

No comments: