Sunday, October 11, 2009

Peaches Is a Hit in Peaches and Herb Turks and Caicos Concert!



In August 29, Peaches and Herb performed in the beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands at the Tropicana Show and Supper Club. We rocked the crowd and many fans got up jamming to old tunes like “Shake Your Groove Thing.” I was particularly flattered when my solo performance drew a standing ovation.

We also received tremendous hospitality from Marvin Henfield, the owner of the Tropicana Show and Supper Club. I later learned Marvin is no stranger to show business. He was the lead vocalist of the 70’s band the Blue Notes and once promoted High Voltage, now the award-winning, platinum recording group Bahamen - famous for the track “Who let the dogs out?” Marvin and the people in TCI were incredible!

My only complaint about TCI is having read an article from the Turks and Caicos Sun about our concert. But it featured a picture of Herb with the old Peaches. As if people don’t know about “The New peaches.” Just in case you don’t know who is Meritxell Negre, here’s some TRIVIA:

I’m an Aquarius who hails from Barcelona, Spain. I’m an alto-soprano singer who is tri-lingual in English, Spanish, and Catalan. I’m the first non-African American and only the second out of six “Peaches” to co-record a Peaches and Herb album. The last Peaches and Herb recording was 26 years ago! I love animals. I’m also a community activist and I’m very opinionated about life and politics.

You can learn more about me by continuing to visit The New Peaches Blog.

Love,

Meritxell ("Peaches")

Peaches and Herb
"Peaches" Bio - Imagen Records
Meritxell Music
The Meritxell Project - Myspace

No comments: