Thursday, October 15, 2009

Peaches Performs at Taboo Tuesdays Jazzy Jam Session Hosted by Troy Rawlings at Olivia Restaurant in Burbank


Two Tuesdays ago, my friend Grant Nicholas (far left), who is a music producer who worked on the Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis camp, invited me to see a jam session called Taboo Tuesdays. It was at a quaint little spot called Olivia Restaurant in Olive Avenue in Burbank, California. Grant happens to be the jam session’s Music Director and Troy “Ghost Host” Rawlings (far right) was the formidable host.

The ambience of the place was ideal. Troy is a terrific host with laughable comedic punch lines, and the food and drinks were great. Being that it was the grand opening night, I was pleasantly surprised to see a full house chuck full of talent.

Few people knew who I was until Troy introduced me as “Peaches.” Then, he asked me to perform. I must have sang a song or two. Being around so many warm and talented singers, for the first time since leaving the East Coast, I felt right at home. I’m finally starting to feel this L.A. vibe!


Peaches and Herb
"Peaches" Bio - Imagen Records
Meritxell Music
The Meritxell Project - Myspace

No comments: